One of the growing markets these days is the “Packaged Coconut Water” market. As of 2023, the market is valued at 1 Billion USD and is predicted to expand to 6.47 Billion USD by 2033 at a 20.5% compound annual growth rate during the forecast period. The APAC area is predicted as the market with the highest revenue potential due to easy access to raw materials and growing demands in the region.
Here is the first question: why is coconut water becoming popular?
The growing demand for packaged coconut water stems from its health benefits, and consumers’ changing preferences for healthy and natural drinks over sugary, carbonated drinks. Unlike carbonated drinks with high sugar percentages, coconut water can keep the body hydrated, help detox the body, and is low in calories. Rich in various minerals and electrolytes such as calcium, potassium, antioxidants, and amino acids, coconut water can be a great help in managing weight and boosting hydration. Coconut water is also a natural alternative to sports drinks as it contains less sodium and fewer carbohydrates but more electrolytes and potassium than most sports drinks available in the market. There are only 48 calories in one cup of coconut water which make them a popular choice for weight loss programs. Coconut water is also said to be effective for digestive issues, high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart health- making them a popular choice among health-conscious consumers.
Now onto the second question: what kind of machines and equipment are required to extract coconut water commercially?
Normally, a combination of specialized machinery and manual labor is needed for the Coconut Water Processing line. Here are some of the machines that are commonly used :
- Coconut Dehusking Machine: To remove the outer shell or the husk of the coconut, manual labor or machine can be used. However, using the machine is proven to be more efficient and cost-saving for commercial plants. Such machine usually consists of a rotating blade or a mechanical device that assists in detaching the shell from the raw coconut.
- Coconut Splitting Machine: Once the outer shell of the coconut is removed, a coconut opening or splitting machine is required to create a cut or opening at the top of the coconut to extract coconut water. A sharp blade or a drill is utilized in this machine to puncture the shell.
- Coconut Water Extractor: For the extraction process, various machines can be used such as pressors, extractors, or centrifugal force to get the water out from the coconut flesh.
- Filtration System: After the extraction stage is finished, coconut water may proceed to a filtration process to remove any solid particles or impurities. Filtration can be achieved by using different filter types such as activated carbon filters or mesh filters.
- Pasteurization Equipment: Since packaged coconut water will not be consumed immediately, it needs to be pasteurized to achieve extended shelf life and ensure safety. Methods of pasteurization can be different depending on the specific needs of each company. Some of the most common pasteurization methods include UHT pasteurization, Cooker-Cooler, and Retort.
- Packaging and Bottling Machines: The last step would be to put the extracted coconut water into packages for distribution and sale. In order to ensure hygiene standards, an Aseptic Filling machine is recommended for this stage.
Specific machinery and processes may be different depending on the production scale and the desired level of combination between manual labor and automation.
And the last question: Where can you find all the machines necessary for Coconut Process Line?
At MUNINMAX, we can provide the whole Coconut process line types of equipment – from automatic coconut splitting machines, and pressors, to UHT pasteurizers and aseptic filling machines. With over 25 years of experience, Munimax is your reliable partner for food and beverage process line installations. Our company has achieved the ISO 9001:2015 standard, certificate number 14508, 14509 by JAS-ANZ of Australia, New Zealand. With internationally recognized standards, we are committed to producing and continuing to innovate our products to meet the demand of customers from all around the world.
We applied specific software- such as AutoCAD, PV Elite, CRDWorx, etc, to design new plants or to modernize the existing ones. These software can help us achieve accurate and precise results in our designs. Our machines’ designs are also optimized to give the shortest time for Return on Investment and to guarantee the plant performance.
Visit our Product Line Page to find out in detail about the available equipment for Coconut Process Line or send us an email via [email protected] for more details! You can visit our YouTube Channel to find out more about our process lines’ videos as well!